|Fees & Subscriptions 2020|
Memberships. The membership consists of:-
- Member. A Member is one who has paid the current subscription.
- Honorary Member. An Honorary Member is one who has rendered distinguished services to the Club and is not liable for payment of the annual subscription.
- Junior Member. A Junior Member is one who is under 18 years of age before 30th September and who has paid the appropriate current subscription.
- House Member. A House Member is one who presently does not play bowls whether temporarily or permanently and who has paid a restricted annual subscription.
- Temporary Member. A Temporary Member is one who is a visiting member of another Bowling Club or Association. Temporary Members shall not be permitted to introduce visitors or guests but may be supplied with alcohol without being signed in by a member.
New Members are welcome to join the club. It is not a problem if you have never played before as the club has bowls available for anyone wishing to try the game. Flat soled shoes are required for playing. The best way to start is to come along to our coaching sessions on a Wednesday evening at 18.30 and Sundays at 12pm. Our excellent coaches will cover:-
- The rudiments of the game
- How to deliver the Jack and the bowls
- Explain the tactics’ of the game
- Explain the rules of play
- Advise the options for you to join in the bounce games, Leagues, competitions or to just practice on your own if there are free rinks available. You will probably be joined by others on the rink who also want to put in some practice, this is a good way to meet and get to know members.
As a new member there will be a reduce subscription fee for the first year.
Junior Members are also welcomed to join the successful Juniors section. We have Junior internationalist members got to this level of play through the coaching and their own efforts at the club. Junior coaching takes place on Saturday mornings. There is the opportunity to play Inter Club Matches and Competitions.
Non Members are welcome provided that there are rinks available.
The Bridge club meets on Monday and Tuesday evenings.